Spica
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

update on the official Eclair

Go down

update on the official Eclair Empty update on the official Eclair

Post  archiver Wed May 05, 2010 8:17 pm

In a round-table discussion with reps from Samsung Philippines and Globe Telecom today, they revealed that their Android-powered Galaxy Spica i5700 is now ready for upgrade to Eclair 2.1

Samsung reps explained that Samsung Spica i5700 owners can actually bring their handsets to any of the Samsung Service Centers in the malls and have them upgraded to 2.1. Globe Business Centers still don’t offer the upgrade out of the box but execs mentioned they could do it with the proper training of personnel.

Globe invited members of the media to discuss about their strategy with Samsung in offering Android handsets to customers. They’re basically pushing Super Surf (Php1,200/month unlimited) with the handset since a lot of Android apps like FB and Twitter need connectivity.

Globe Telecom is also hosting a Globe Challenge for Android, of which Samsung is also supporting. It’s an Android app competition for Filipino developers {see details here, go join}. I think we need more local apps especially in the LBS category.

The Samsung i5700 Galaxy Spica is free starting with Globe Postpaid Plan 1800 and comes with 1 month free Super Surf. The prepaid kit is Php14,495 and comes with a SIM and free 5 days of unlimited internet.

Disclosure: Globe gave us a Samsung Spica each. Will post my full review soon.

credits to:

archiver

Back to top Go down